Full braking on moving and stationary vehicles ahead
OnGuardMAX™ advanced emergency braking system (AEBS) for trucks and buses provides up to full braking when confronted with both stationary and moving vehicles ahead. WABCO is the industry's first OEM independent system supplier to offer AEBS and OnGuardMAX marks another advanced technology that further enables automated driving for commercial vehicles.
Equipped with state-of-the-art 77GHz radar and a high-resolution camera, WABCO's OnGuardMAX detects impending rear-end collisions with vehicles ahead and alerts the driver with distinct acoustic, visual and haptic warnings. Unless the driver takes appropriate corrective action, OnGuardMAX performs up to full braking when approaching both stationary and moving vehicles to bring the host vehicle to a complete stop, for example, when nearing a traffic jam.
Furthermore its Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) functionality will come with integrated Stop'n'Go functionality, which is intended to free up the driver from frequent acceleration and deceleration during traffic jams while intelligently maintain speed control based on traffic flow.
- Helps to avoid impending rear-end collisions
- Helps to avoid fatalities, injuries and accident-related costs
- Releases driver from frequent acceleration and deceleration during traffic jam conditions
- Supports driver acceptance based on increased reliability
- Improves driver effectiveness across all levels of experience
- Optimizes vehicle uptime with less maintenance and repair efforts/li>
- Unlocks additional potential sales for OEMs through leveraging mandatory hardware